Friday, February 1, 2008

Chapter 1 Part 4

The next day I'm sitting hungover at my computer and I get a random IM from someone quoting some of my favorite lyrics from that band I loved so much. Long story short, its her.To cut through all the bullshit and long pointless stories we end up dating. It was cute. It took me forever to make a move(like literally, way longer than it should have). I got caught up in the whole "I like this person so much I'm afraid that if I make a move I'll screw everything up" deal.
Our first kiss was really cute. We kissed on the beach of this one lake at night in the moonlight. Very sappy and very emo, but very perfect for what our little summer romance was.
I was happy. For the first time in my life I was really really really fucking happy. This is the kind of person who I could spend hours with each day and not notice. We would start hanging out in her basement in the afternoon and I would end up leaving at like, 5 AM , because time had just flown by. She was everything I could want in a girl.

After a while the summer ended and we both went to our respective schools. We continued to date, and for a while it was really great. I would go to see her and she would go to see me and the relationship was awesome. Then, just like most things in my life, when I was extremely content and happy, ridiculously happy, and bad at writing sentences, with too many commas, but lets not forget that I was happy, a shitstorm came in.

She was in an awkward situation. After a few weeks of her acting weird I found out that this guy she knew, who we'll call S, was starting to wig her out. S happened to be G's ex boyfriend, and also one of her only friends at school. Ever since G and I had started dating, S decided that he was in love with her. He started doing crazy stuff like crying, and even saying that she had to choose him or me. At first, she chose me.

Then when he saw this didnt work, he started doing crazier shit. He stopped eating, he started threatening to kill himself, and the more and more he did this stuff the more I saw G's beauty fade. She went from being this bright eyed happy girl to sad and depressed, because she was having to choose between me and a best friend who she had known much longer than me.
I still remember one night when I was visiting my best friend/her at their school. I said to my friend "hey man, im SO lucky. I have a great girlfriend and everything is perfect in my life!"
I ended up sleeping over at his place because she dumped me that evening.

Waking up the morning after you've been dumped is never a good deal. Your heart is beating a lot slower than it was the previous morning. You dont want to get out of bed, you dont wnat to open your eyes. You hope that the events of the previous day were just a nightmare andthat theres no way this could have happened.

Well it did happen, and it was fucked.

Her and I had a great relationship. We never once argued, we always had so much fun together. I recall how she wrote me an email once saying how sometimes her friends look at her funny because she would just be walking down campus with a big smile on her face. Smile because of me.

I was mad at the time, I was furious. i was hurt and confused. But looking back I cant blame her. She had to choose between some guy she knew for 3-4 months and her best friend of over a year.

I lost to time, which would end up being a recurring theme in my life.

No comments: