Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chapter 1 Part 1 : My First Shot at Love

Almost four years ago I was sitting in my hometown hanging out with a friend of mine, my best friend at the time, and I asked him if he knew any girls from his school that I could be introduced to. Him and I were highschool friends who were going to college near eachother.

I was single at the time, and to be honest i had never had anything I would call a serious relationship. I was lonely, depressed, and I felt the need to fall in love. Dont get me wrong, I didnt actually expect to fall in love, thats more something i say ("hey guys lets go out tonight maybe I'll fall in love").

At first he said he didnt know of anyone, but after a bit he realized that there was this girl he knew who I might like, and she happened to live on the other side of town. Immediately I got nervous(as was my usual way with girls) and nothing came of it.

A week later I was enjoying my hobby of drinking with a bunch of randos on a golf course late at night. At the time I was trying to hook up with this girl I had had a crush on since highschool. Her and I were walking away from everyone, and I felt that amazing "hey we're about to have our first kiss" moment when along came my friend and C-Bed me. I was very annoyed, because I had a huge thing for this girl.

We walk back to where our group of hooligans are hanging out and I see this kid I know walk over the hill towards us and along with him comes this beautiful girl. In my typical fashion at the time, I get nervous and proceed to not seem alpha in any way, i actually start spooning my best friend and acting goofy(which are two things im talented at).

I end up meeting the girl, we'll call her G, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

No comments: